- How does CathNewsUSA collect personal information?
- What if a viewer does not want to provide personal information?
- What kind of personal information does CathNewsUSA store?
- How will CathNewsUSA use personal information?
- Your access to personal information
- Will personal information be disclosed to anyone else?
- How is personal information protected?
- More Information?
CathNewsUSA is committed to safeguarding personal information it holds on behalf of its viewers. This statement sets out CathNewsUSAâ€™s policy relating to the collection, storage, access and use of personal information for CathNewsUSA.
2. How does CathNewsUSA collect personal information?
CathNewsUSA operates the Website. The Website allows viewers to subscribe to become members, subscribe to daily newsletters and to submit comments on certain news articles. Where a viewer subscribes to, or submits a comment, the viewer must provide a name and email address for the purpose of identifying the viewer, which assists the Website’s editorial and moderation process. Automatic collection: Cookies: We may use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies contain information by which CathNewsUSA can identify your computer to our servers. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies. CathNewsUSA may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising that CathNewsUSA believes may be of interest, based on that information. In some cases a web page might contain more than one cookie, the information gathered from these different cookies are used to build statistical and demographical information which does not identify you personally to advertisers and CathNewsUSA partners for marketing, promotional purposes.
To disable your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
3. What if a viewer does not want to provide personal information?
A viewer is not under any obligation to provide his or her personal information to CathNewsUSA. However, if a person does not provide their personal information they may not be able to access requested product or services, or submit and have posted any comments submitted on news articles and the like.
Similarly, CathNewsUSA may also refuse to post comments submitted where false or misleading personal information is supplied.
4. What kind of personal information does CathNewsUSA store?
The personal information we collect from the Website and store may include (but is not limited to), name, address, contact details, gender, occupation, company and if relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
How will CathNewsUSA use Personal Information?
Unless a viewer consents, CathNewsUSA will only use personal information collected from the Website for the purpose of identifying and directly contacting the viewer.
However your personal information may also be used in order to:
- provide the services and information you require;
- administer and manage those services,( including charging billing and collecting Debts if required);
- inform you of CR activities, events, facilities and services;
- provide the viewer with news articles, or other materials
- conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
- research, develop and expand our facilities and services;
- gain an understanding of our members’, and viewers needs to provide a better service in all its areas of activities;
- maintain and develop our internal systems and infrastructure including upgrading of these systems;
- the personal information may also be collected to promote and market other services that we consider important or beneficial to our members and viewers, or not for profit status
- process your recruitment application and conduct research into the recruitment process.
Accordingly, CathNewsUSA may write to any email address supplied by a viewer to confirm that the email address is genuine.
5. Your access to personal information
Any viewer may retrieve a copy of the personal information CathNewsUSA holds about that viewer by contacting CathNewsUSA using the email address that the viewer supplied at email@example.com
6. Will personal information be disclosed to anyone else?
When posting a comment a viewer has submitted on the Website, CathNewsUSA will post the viewer’s name next to the comment to identify to other viewers who has submitted the comment. CathNewsUSA will not post a viewer’s email address unless the viewer has requested CathNewsUSA to do so.
Other than the above, CathNewsUSA is not required in the course of its operations to disclose personal information to any outside parties.
CathNewsUSA uses SpinnakerPro (spinnakerpro.com) to deliver the emails and enewsletters that you may ask to receive. Listbox stores the personal information on behalf of CathNewsUSA but all data, including emails, list content, subscriber lists and any list information disseminated through the spinnakerpro.com services for CathNewsUSA, is the express property of CathNewsUSA.
In certain circumstances, CathNewsUSA may be compelled by law to disclose personal information to various authorities, such as where CathNewsUSA is compelled to disclose the personal information by a warrant.
CR uses the information supplied for the purpose given. CathNewsUSA does not sell, rent or trade personal information collected from the Website to or with third parties.
7. How is personal information protected?
CathNewsUSA takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information that it holds from misuse and loss. It also protects that information from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. Only a viewer can access his or her personal information.
CathNewsUSA maintains physical security, such as locks and security systems, over our electronic data stores and premises. It also maintains computer and network security, for example firewalls (security measures for the Internet), and other security measures, such as identification codes and passwords, to control access to computer systems.
9. More Information?