Attorney Mitchell Garabedian released the names of the five priests, one nun and the choir director on Wednesday.
Each of the alleged victims is a client of Garabedianâ€™s and all their cases were settled within the last year for amounts ranging from the high five figures to the low six figures, he said.
Garabedian periodically releases new names publicly, and is highly critical of Catholic church officials for what he says is their refusal to consistently do so.
He said the public disclosures are needed to help victims heal and also as a matter of public safety, if the alleged abuser is still alive.
Garabedian said it is also a reminder that, despite decreased media coverage, the clergy sex abuse crisis is ongoing.
â€˜â€˜I donâ€™t expect it to ever end,â€™â€™ Garabedian said.
The crisis broke nationally in 2002 after The Boston Globe wrote a series of stories revealing that church officials in Boston shifted pedophile priests between parishes without disclosing their alleged crimes.
At least four of the seven previously unnamed people on Garabedianâ€™s list are deceased. All four worked in the Boston Archdiocese during the alleged abuse, which occurred between 1963 and 1985. [More]