Home » US News » Coalition of nuns, evangelical Catholic group back Illinois gay marriage bill

Coalition of nuns, evangelical Catholic group back Illinois gay marriage bill

(Chicago Phoenix) Sister Donna Quinn, a Chicago native who has been a Catholic nun for over 50 years, said it’s about time for Illinois to approve legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage.

“We believe in this, this has to be done,” she said. “We can do nothing less.”

Quinn, the coordinator of the National Coalition of American Nuns, which comprises over 2,000 nuns from across the country, said giving gay and lesbian couples the right to marry is about fairness and respecting the love of people in committed relationships.

“It’s more of a belief in people, in all people, gay and lesbian and — it doesn’t matter,” said Quinn. “Their choice to marry is important and the benefits are crucial for their living, their livelihood, and the children they raise.”

Quinn and other members of the local faith community have thrown their support behind the Religious Freedom and Marriage Fairness Act, a bill that could potentially see a vote in the Illinois Senate as early as Thursday and in the Illinois House as early as Sunday or Monday.

“I think the support from the religious community is heartwarming,” said Rick Garcia, longtime LGBT rights activist and director of the Equal Marriage Project at The Civil Rights Agenda. “It’s critical. It’s critical to counter the anti-gay fundamentalists and Catholic bishops.” [more]

Chicago Phoenix

1. [...] aborto “durante décadas”, incluso escoltando a las mujeres a clínicas abortistas y presionando para la legalización de los matrimonios homosexuales. Incluso liberal ancla Carol Costello fue [...]

2. Angelo says:

Jim, Thank you for defending the truth and defending me. The editor for good reasons edited my comment. When I said I was proud of my son, it is because he has taken a stand against one of the sins that cry out to God for vengeance. He has been trying to reform from hating the sinner, but he draws the line and says he will always hate the sin. Bl. John Paul ll said this, “Sodomites many times bring violence upon themselves from those who loath unnatural sexuality”. I am proud of my son because he is not homosexual and has taken up a strong stand against such sins. Tony, insinuated that my son was a homosexual which is why I let my son speak for himself in response to Tony. I did not agree with all of my sons opinions, but with Tony’s insinuations he deserved to be answered. I will not apoligize for my saying I am proud of him, only because what I meant is proud of him that he is not gay and that as a good Catholic he has taken a stand against this evil, like all of us we must learn what the Church teaches and then polish up our beliefs in order that they be in conformity to the teachings of Christs’s Church. I do desire that the editor edit many parts of Tony’s comments such as his obssession with the human digestive system, and his rash words in judging others. Again it was he who insinuated that my son was a homosexual and I let my son answer Tony himself. I apoligize if my comment caused such a stir, but in my own defense and that of the Church I repeat these famous words of a Saint, “The best way to advance evil, is to not speak against it”. Because modernists in the Church ignored and then forgot this truth, evil had made great advancements in the Church. That is what all the debating in the Church today is all about.

Saying you are proud of your son because he is not a homosexual is like saying you are proud of your son because he is not Black, or a Jew. It is hate speech which is deplorable,

Decent people do not discriminate against others because of race, religion or sexual preference.

• Angelo says:

Tony, You need to embrace the Catholic faith and reject the Obama stupidity.

So, Angelo, are you saying that it is the teaching of the church to discriminate against people but it is only the stance of President Obama which prohibits it?

• Angelo says:

Tony, It is the teaching of the Church to hate sin in all its forms. I would not call it discrimination, I call it being a good Catholic. If things were your way the Church would remain in its deplorable state it finds itself in right now. You need to read what the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVl is saying. His words are superior to yours and mine. I prefer to stick to what the Pope says. As Jim points out that in debating its great when we know we are right.

• John Gallen says:

“It is the teaching of the Church to hate sin in all its forms.”

The church doesn’t teach ‘hate’ of any kind. Only a fool without any understanding of the church would say such an idiotic thing.

• Angelo says:

Tony, Rather, my saying I’m proud that my son is not homosexual, is the same thing as saying I’m glad my son is not guilty of one of the four sins that cry out to God for vengeance. Tony, since when is hating sin deplorable hate speech? You need to get your priorities straight, either you are Catholic or you are not. At this point you have only proven you are not! Tony, your reasoning is what is deplorable, beyond all limits!

That’s ridiculous, Tony. Being black is neither a sin nor a choice; being gay is both sinful and a choice. Your reasoning leaves a great deal to be desired.

• Lapsed says:

Angelo, could you provide a citation to your quote from John Paul II? It’s such a stupid and offensive statement that I would prefer to think you quoted it completely out of context or that you made it up.

• Angelo says:

Lapsed, I did not make it up. As for a citation on the quote I leave the burden to you to find it, as I said before I do not document everything I read. When the Holy Father said this it was a time of homosexuals being beaten up by those who were disgusted by their lifestyles. It was not stupid nor offensive the Pope was only speaking on what is natural to mankind. I’m not asking you to believe me, just don’t call me a liar.

If you are going to quote someone you better make darn sure you can document that quote. You can be guilty of libel if you are incorrect….

• Angelo says:

Tony, I don’t care about being libel, should that happen then I’ll just look up the reference to Bl. John Paul ll’s words. And throw it in the face of all liberals. I don’t need to document anything, once it sticks in my mind its there. You don’t need to document anything you say, as you have the habit of coming up with your own rediculous ideas. You have made yourself your own authority. An authority I have zero respect for.

Angelo, the opinions I express are my own, I am not a theologian, I don’t have a doctorate, I have not had anything published in a theology journal,nor do I aspire too.
              I do however lose all respect for someone who quotes someone and cannot back that quote up.
              A person has a right to his or her good name, and if you have misquoted JPII you are taking away from his good name.

• Angelo says:

Tony, If I don’t document all that I read, I don’t see any problem with that. So you have lost respect for me because I did’nt officialy documment what I have read. The Holy Fathers good name has not been tarnished by my quoting him. Maybe you should read his Cathecesis on the theology of the body. The one who hates sin the most is God himself and he commands us to do the same. Do you have a problem with God? The reason you have not published anything in a theology journal,is only because it would be rejected anyway. You are correct in saying you are NOT a theologian. You may have a Masters Degree in theology but as I have said before its only worth the paper its written on. May I add that that last post of yours sounds totaly fake!

Angelo — unfortunately, the kind of things Tony spouts very well could appear in some theological journal. Look at all these heretic nuns that get books published that say gay sex and masturbation are okay.

• Angelo says:

Jim, Your right, the things Tony spouts could very well appear in some theological journal. I had only heard of the New Theology being condemned by faithful Catholics. Tony is the one who introduced me to it. Now I see why it is so condemned. As for the heretic Nuns, they are always in the spotlite while faithful Nuns we don’t hear much from. But thats the way the world wants it.

• sharon says:

While I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, those same persons who “quote” others are doing nothing more than gossip if the quote without substantia-tion.

Angelo, be very clear, I have no problem with God, I do have a problem with people who use God, to practice and promote hate.
                I also have a problem with peole who quote people and then can’t backup the quote….

• Angelo says:

Tony, You have a problem with people who hate? For God’s sake take a good look at what you post. Then tell us about people who hate.

Tony — let me now quote JPII: “There will arise in the west a great heretic, and his name will be Tony, and he will try to lead many astray. However, strong, courageous, faithful men will rise up against him and repudiate his false doctrine.” Unfortunately, I can’t remember where I read that.

Libel — honestly, Tony, you truly are entertaining. Here’s my hope: that you remain so entertaining (and wrong), as you provide amusement for me. Then, before you die, you repent, enter the Catholic Church, and ultimately (after a probable long stay in Purgatory) make it to Heaven, where I (if I make it) intend to buy you a beer. Then, while we’re enjoying a cold one, I’ll give you the satisfaction of acknowledging your stupidity and rebelliousness while on Earth.

• Lapsed says:

Angelo, I’ll take your word for it that it’s an authentic quote (you’re not a liar), although that depresses me. I would have said that John Paul had more decency than that, but apparently I’m wrong. That it is offensive is obvious. I should not call it stupid, since it is both clever and evil. It is an endorsement of violent persecution stated in a way that allows him to deny responsibility for the result. And you say it was made at a time when the violence was going on. Blessed indeed.

Lapsed, I agree with you that the quotation of JPII has tarnished my high opinon of him.

I wish I knew where that quotation was so it could be read in context, perhaps that would make a difference….

• Angelo says:

Tony, Do some research, you will find what the Holy Father said. But I doubt it would make any difference to you. Nothing Pope Benedict XVl says makes any difference to you, why should Bl. John Paul ll’s words make a difference.

Angelo, you quoted JPII not I. I don’t have the time to read through years and years of this brilliant man’s words.. You said he said it, where? When, in what context…..
                  Not doing so casts doubt on his great name….

• Angelo says:

Tony, Bl. John Paul ll said this at a time that much violence was being waged against homosexuals for their stand of pride in their sinfulness. If you don’t have time to do the research then make some time.

Just remember, the author of the Deputy a play about Pius XII has done great harm to the name of that pope. I hope your possible misquoting of JPII does not spark the same reaction. This website you know has the potential to be read around the world.

• Angelo says:

Tony, What happened to Ven. Pius Xll was by lies spread about him. What I quoted the Holy Father as saying is different. It is not a lie and you perhaps are misinterpreting the Holy Father’s words. Do you perhaps hold that homosexual acts are not sinful? If you do then this is where the bases of your confusion lies.

question Angelo, is anal intercourse only a homosexual activity? And if stright people engage in this activity as the most certainly do. Why don’t you campaign against that with as much vigor? What about oral sex in the stright community? I don’t hear you complain abot that, yet in the gay or straight community it is sinful in the eyes of the church. Right? Why the selectivity of pointing only to the gays.

• Angelo says:

Tony, I don’t want to hear your filth. Your the one the editor should edit. You speak like some kind of perverted fool.

Tony — here’s the answer to your question: we don’t like gays. We are not commanded to like them (in fact, we are commanded not to like them), only to love them. With regard to anal and oral sex for heterosexual married couples, the Church says this is immoral unless every male orgasm occurs within the woman’s vagina (sorry for the graphhic-ness, but there is no more delicate way to say it).

So, my question then Jim is why just pick on the gays for this activity, why not be just as vocal against the stright people who do not culminate their sexual activity as understood proper by the church?

For a variety of reasons, Tony, the primary one being that we don’t like gays.

So Jim, if as you say, you don’t like gays, one may conclude you are prejudice against them maybe even more so that you are predjudice against stright people who engage in similar anal or oral activiviy…..

Yes, that’s true, Tony. Straight married couples who engage in sinful sexual behaviors in the privacy of their bedroom do not provide the horrible example that openly gay people do.

And what makes a stright unmarked couple who sexually sin so much better, in your mind than a gay couple? You have blind predjdice?

Not at all, Tony. The unmarried hetero couple very likely will marry someday; the gay couple never can marry in the eyes of God, even if the state approves it. Ask me some challenging questions, would you? Questions that make me think before I answer, not questions that can be answered from page one of the Baltimore Catechism.

My point being you would be better heard and not seem so anti gay if you would call for all to sex only in the sacrament of marriage.

I hear you, Tony, and I do call for that. Sexual purity is critical for everyone; as the Blessed Mother told one of the Fatima visionaries, “more souls go to Hell for sins of the flesh than for any other reason.” However, in addition to their sexual sins, gays who are public about their sexual sins have the additional sin of setting a bad example and repudiating genuine (heterosexual) marriage.

• Angelo says:

Tony, The Holy Father was speaking the truth that comes from God. You say that what the Pope said has tarnished your opinion of the Holy Father, it should’nt!

• Angelo says:

Lapsed, Bl. John Paul ll was only speaking on what is natural to man. Homosexuality is unnatural and all that is unnatural is naturaly repugnant to others. What the Holy Father stated was in no way evil or mean spirited, as the Vicar of Christ he was only speaking the truth, a truth everyone well knows already through Nature.

Where and when did he say that? perhaps read in context it could be better or more properly understood…..

• Angelo says:

Tony, Like I said, read Bl. John Paul ll’s Cathechesis on the Theology of the Body. It will give you a perfect understanding of sexuality as God created it. And what the Pope said about homosexuals bringing violence upon themselves will become clearer.

• Lapsed says:

Angelo, no, what you quoted is evil. The pope could easily have condemned homosexual behavior as sinful while emphasizing that violence against gays was also a sin. Instead he effectively justifies violence which gays bring on themselves because they are gay.

• Angelo says:

Lapsed, The Holy Father was not justifying violence against homosexuals. He was speaking of mans natural reaction to what is contrary to human nature. It seems that you and Tony are taking his words out of context and making a scandal of it. If you look at human nature, you will see that the Holy Father was not saying anything new. St. Paul speaks of this sin as one that should not even be spoken of. In scripture it says that when a man abandons natural sexuality, God delivers them up to their own passions. Thus a sin that cries out to God for vengeance. The person who does this is punished in this life as well as the next. Unless of course he turns to God’s Mercy and abandons his evil ways.

• Larry Wolfe says:

These are NOT real Nuns.. They may wear the habit. They may be in an order BUT THEY DO NOT FOLLOW THE WORD OF GOD NOR THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST. Gay marriage is NOT of God. No matter what this insane world tries to impose on the us, the children and followers of God Almighty. They have bought into the lie from the father of all lies, the deceiver. They will be judged by the Heavenly court of 12 for the amount of souls they lead away from the Heavenly Banquet. DO NOT FOLLOW THESE imitation Nuns.. as there are satan’s minions hiding behind the sacred collar there are likewise satans minions hiding under the sacred habit.

3. Angelo says:

One of the tricks of the evil one is to allow some good in his evil designs in order to capture more souls. This is an article about an evil Nun. They have placed a picture of Nuns dressed in full traditional Habit. I believe they have done this in order for others to think that the evil Nun is good. This for the sole purpose of misguiding the faithful, modernists have always believed it is their job to deceive the faithful in order to capture them and lead them into their own evil ways. After more than 30 years of battling heretics this does not surprise me. But I think it still leads ignorant souls to the hell modernists will for them.

Angelo, some of your references seem to be very full of hate towards our Homosexual brothers and sisters, which is in direct contradictions to the instructions of our teaching Church.
      The Church teaches us that Homosexuals have to be treated with dignity and respect.

• heretic doll says:

Tony — how do you know that? Is it in the Catechism? While checking your Catechism, also check for the answer to two other questions: 1) does the Church consider every abortion a murder? 2) Does the Church consider same-sex attractions disordered?

• Catholic Lady says:

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or pre dominant sexual attraction towards persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that “homosexual ACTS as acts of grave depravity…..2357
        The number of men and women who have deepseated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with RESPECT, COMPASSION, AND SENSITIVITY. Every sighn of unjust discrimination to their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives and if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the “Lord’s Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition… 2358
        Homosexual persons are called to chasity…..2359 The Catechism of the Catholic Church -

• Angelo says:

Tony, Concerning my references being full of hate towards our homosexual brothers and sisters. Why do you twist what I say. Homosexual acts must be condemned always. The homosexual person must be treated with the dignity that God has given them, thats why we must pray for their conversion, so that they can enjoy the dignity given to them by God which they themselves have rejected. Tony, get your priorities straight. To me it sounds like you approve of gay lifestyles, something the Church will never approve of!

• Catholic Lady says:

Angelo. I think that these pictures are taken from the files of the news room by the reporter and I agree with you they are very misleading. I also wonder if the reporter sets out to delibertly mislead Catholics. Perhaps we should notify the CathNewsUSA that we would appreciate their stoping publishing misleading titles to stories and pictures..

Well, CL, if they did that, all the liberal stories would disappear — because these liberal writers are liars, just like Satan.

• Angelo says:

Catholic Lady, Glad to see that someone else sees the deceit of modernists. Thanks for the quotes from the Cathecism, that is how we must form our consciences in order to be Christlike in our thinking and acting.

4. joseph Francis says:

As always it is great to hear Jim and Tony go at each other. However there ios another issue here. Because of the Sisters endorsing Gay marriage, they have given the Vatican the evidence needed to show that many religious are not defending church teaching,

• Angelo says:

joseph Francis, It is true, these kind of Nuns give the Vatican evidence that they are going against the Church and are not in union with Her. When the Vatican cracks down on them they begin to howl that they are being persecuted by male dominance in the Church. Trying to gain symphathy and making the Church look like the bad guys. Thank God the Church is on to them and their deceits. Their party is over!

Hey Jim looks to me like you are starting your own little Catholic Taliban. Beat people into accepting and believing what you say the Church says, nd put the women in long robes and cover their heads. Don’t you see hoe sick and disturbed you are? It really is scary.

Tony — because I am so sick and disturbed, you don’t expect me to be able to see that, do you? My lack of self-critique is part of my problem. Please, be consistent and logical. Plus, you know, gay people are sick anyway, almost always in ways other than just their same-sex attractions.

Tony — shouldn’t you be getting to bed? You have Adoration on the first Friday of the month, which is tomorrow; and, I thought your hour was in the middle of the night, is it not? Pray for me please, so that God gives me the fortitude, wisdom and courage to speak the truth in love.

Jim, I think you must be gay, you protest so much and so loudly against homosexuals. Me thinketh tho protesteth to loud,

Here’s my answer, Tony — so what if I am gay? Remember, being gay is normal, and there’s nothing I can do about it anyway. So, just love me the way I am. Now, back to my two questions that you refuse to answer: 1) does the Church teach that every abortion is a murder? 2) Does the Church teach that same-sex attractions are disordered?

No I have no problem with you being gay at all, I have a problem with your protesting against homosexuals.
        Jim, I think you are losing it, acccording to you I am a heritic, I have a jerkwater degreed from a half anus catholic college in a jerk water town. Why ask me the questions and seek an anwere look it up in the Catechism. There you will get AUTHENTICE proper teaching and under standing on the teachings of the church.
        You don’t need to study further, it’s all there, don’t look into moral theology, forget about psycology, don’t even think about sociology the sciences or any other study, No JIMBo it’s all there in your little Catechism….

• heretic doll says:

So Tony, tell me: 1) Does the Church teach that all abortions are murder? 2) Does the Church teach that my same-sex attractions are disordered?

• heretic doll says:

BTW, I’ll give you credit for having the fortitude and persistence for earning a master’s degree. But, unfortunately, you were brainwashed. Too bad you didn’t learn from theologians who are faithful to the Church.

• Catholic Lady says:

heretic doll; it is time for you to hop back on the shelf and let Jim do the talking. Have a good rest after all the posting you have done here I think perhaps you might need it. Take care and come back soon, I do enjoy hearing from you!!!

CL — well, the heretic doll figured out my password and got to my computer before I could stop him. I’ll try to keep him under more secure wraps in the future!

• heretic doll says:

And, to be honest, Tony, your post implies that you DO have a problem with my homosexuality — otherwise, you wouldn’t have thrown that slur at me. You are being disingenuous.

• Catholic Lady says:

Tony; I can not understand why you do not answer Jim’s two questions. The answers are not difficult and do not even require a Catholic to check out the CCC. Jim is not asking what you believe, he is only asking you, what the Church teaches. If it is pride that is keeping you from answering perhaps it is time to put pride aside..These comments between you gentlemen and some of the others who post here are getting a little out of hand and I would like to see you all work at being alittle more Christ like…Blessings.

CL — when I am replying to Tony, Ann and other heretics on this site, I am imitating my Master, who called the Pharisees a “brood of vipers” and likened them to whitened sepulchers.

• Andrew says:

He doesn’t answer these questions because he fully supports the killing of unborn children. Look at how he’s always posting angry and condescending rants about how our holy father needs to “retire and listen to Mozart” and how today he lavished praise on the fake nun who volunteers as an escort at an abortion clinic. This is the same guy who practically worships the most pro-abortion, pro-infanticide president in America’s history while condemning pro-life politicians like Rick Santorum. This man is 100 percent pro abortion. He is a Catholic in name only (CINO) and if were given a choice between Margaret Sanger and Jesus would probably choose Sanger.

Andrew — I have mentioned this before, but — to encourage you — if ever you have the opportunity to have your own blog or website, you should jump at the chance. You remind me a little of Patrick Madrid — I imagine you know who he is. What a great defender of the faith he is. We need men in particular to wage this culture war on the side of Truth and the Church.

Andrew — and, you remind me of that guy who does Vortex (or something like that) — he tells it like it is, and doesn’t pull any punches.

Angelo you are guilty of hate speach against Homosexuals which is against what the Church teachers. The Church is very clear that gay people are to be treated with dignity and respect. Are you sure your son or daughter isn’t gay. Very often a very Dominent father will bring out the gayness of his children or so I’ve read.

Tony — are you judging Angelo? Hmmm, I thought your said we’re not supposed to judge. For my part, BTW, I have been clear in providing Scriptural evidence that we SHOULD judge, but, I’m just pointing out to you your hypocrisy — you tell others not to judge, then you go and judge others. Go figure.

How about a little alliteration? A hypocritical heretic. That has a nice ring!

Tony — I’m still waiting for the answer to my two questions about abortion and homosexuality. Why is it taking you so long to respond? You don’t want to be confused by the facts, do you?

Yes Jim I am judging Angelo. He is a dangerous hate mongrel and shame on you too for supporting him.

Hmmm, I’m confused Tony — you tell others not to judge, now here you go judging! Wow! How hypocritical!

Further, Tony, you apparently don’t read very accurately either. If you review Angelo’s post, you will see that he thinks his son is wrong for hating the person of the homosexual. How did you do in reading comprehension in grade school?

Jim I expected so much more from you. You too are a hate mongrel if you are n not offended by Angelo’s anti gay statement.

Again Tony, read what Angelo posted. You will see that he thinks his son is wrong. The only thing you could take issue with is that he said he is proud of his son. I agree that that statement should not have been made. However, don’t assume Angelo was carefully weighing his words when he was posting; it may have been a careless slip. To be clear, I do not support violence against homosexuals, but I most definitely do support telling them the truth. The current cultural climate lies to them about their presumed inablity to change their attractions, and thereby confirms them in their sin — which is extremely hateful of them, as it is helping to bury them for an eternity in Hell. Do you think God was kidding when He said homosexuality is an abomination?

• Angelo says:

Tony, If I am a “hate mongrel” then where do you stand? I once thought Theologians to be great men at the service of the Church. But with the new theology and your embracing it, you have proven me wrong. Am I dangerous because I defend the Church? A dangerous Catholic is one who proves himself an enemy of the Church.

In my opinion you are more in line with the Westboro Baptist Church and their hate towards homosexuality than Roman Catholic Thought.

• Angelo says:

Tony, It is God who hates sin and commands us to hate sin also. Do you have something against God?? It is him you are actualy disagreeing with.

No Angelo, I have nothing against God, I do however dislike God being used for a base of Someones hatred….

• Angelo says:

Tony, Using God to base ones hatred is exactly what you do. In the name of God you attack Pope Benedict XVl using his ermine cape as an example of your hatred for him. You do likewise with Cardinal Burke. You disagree with the Church on everything and vent out your hatred against Her. You hate everthing about the Church. And you are doing it in the name of God. Christ put it like this, “You condemn the sins of others, the same sins you yourselves are commiting.

Not at all Algelo, I don’t like the Pope or the Cardinal wearing rediculous looking outfits like a velvet ermine trim cap and cape or long flowing robes that drang on the floor.
                    I have the highest respect for the office of the Pope and the current office holder. Perhaps it is that respect which calls me to request that he tone it down like JPII did and Paul VI. You will recall that Paul VI himself toned down a lot of the Papal regalia..For examples the osterich feather pooms, the triple crown for the coranation…..
                    DON’T EVER SAY I HATE ANYTHING ABOUT THE CHURCH…….

• Angelo says:

Tony, I hate homosexuality! I don’t hate the homosexual person, as Christ died for their redemtion. The stand I take is in complete conformity to Church teaching. My daughters for sure are not lesbians. My son is not homosexual. I have to constantly remind him of Church teaching of Hate the sin but not the sinner. My son is commiting the error of hating homosexuals themselves. [COMMENT EDITED] Actualy I am proud of his position but it is against Church teaching to hate the sinner. You say that Dominant Fathers bring out the gayness of his children. Tell me, was your Father a dominant man. Tony, I just showed your post to my son and asked him his opinion about where you stand, he answered, ” Tony is not Catholic because he follows his own rules and not the teachings of the Church. The Church of Tony the heretic.” [COMMENT EDITED] Still wonder if my son is a Homo?

• Catholic Lady says:

In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t Communist.
        Then they came for the Jews and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew.
        Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist.
        Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.
        Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up.
        - Martin Niemoller
        Angelo; Hitler was Evil- at one time people said that Jews were less than animals – good for nothing except fertilizer.

• Lapsed says:

Angelo, you’re proud of your son saying that homosexuals should be burned in pits to rid the world of them? Keep up the good work. Of all the garbage I’ve seen from you and your cohorts, that just might win the prize for shear mindless evil. Don’t worry about his not being in conformity with the church. I’m sure that before long you’ll come to see burning homosexuals alive as a favor to them–an act of love, in fact–and consistent with church teaching.

Lapsed — you don’t read very well. Angelo acknowledged that we are to love our gay brothers and sisters; but, viscerally, he is repulsed by them, as are the significant majority of people, especially women — except women typically won’t tell you that because women usually are trying to manage the social environment. So, Angelo is illustrating how Catholic teaching is good for the world — it makes us check our visceral responses and (hopefully) do the right thing. Now, the truth is, although you don’t know it, it is YOU who hates gays, because you confirm them in their sin. That’s analogous to telling a crack addict that doing crack is cool. You should help them get treatment, not continue down the path of destruction.

• Marilyn Bell says:

Hi Jim and Angelo. I read quite well and I am truly affended by the reference to that Devil Hitler. In the name of charity I ask that you gentlemen refrain from using his name in your future posts, even if it is just to repeat what someone else said.

No will do, Marilyn. Hitler was evil to be sure, but there are lots of other evil people, especially gays who say that gays can’t change their attractions.

BTW, I read quite well, and I am truly offended that you are offended by my comments — so in the name of charity I ask that you refrain from posting how offended you are.

• Lapsed says:

Jim, Angelo acknowledged we are to love our gay brothers and sisters. He also acknowledged that he was proud of his son’s hatred of them. Love the sinner/hate the sin in this instance is pure crap, as it usually is. You’ll notice no one ever uses it with regards to, say, stealing, but it lets you get really abusive–in the name of love, of course–towards gays. I’ve known people who were repulsed by homosexuals, but none who expressed the kind of hatred Angelo does, or the contempt that you do.

Yes indeed, I have contempt for anyone — gay or otherwise — who is involved in the destruction of our culture, and making it easier for my children and everyone else to wind up in Hell. In fact, I hate those things. But, I do remind myself that Jesus died for all who are willing to accept His mercy, including gays.

But yes, I’ll be happy to be at the top of your list of people who have contempt for those destroying our culture. Also, I pointed out to Tony that you shouldn’t hang Angelo by his use of the word “proud.” It is easy to be careless in choice of words; my guess is that he didn’t really mean that in the fullness of what that word implies. Mark my words — you’ll see him retract that word. Stop being so hateful toward Angelo. But then, you liberals ARE hate-mongers — you hate anyone who disagrees with you. You are grossly intolerant while fancying yourself to be the tolerant ones.

• Lapsed says:

Jim, what’s the argument? I said you had contempt for gay people and you agreed. By the way, I don’t make any particular claim to tolerance, although I think hate monger is a bit strong. As with so much else, your claim to know how liberals think is grossly mistaken.

Well, Lapsed, I just looked up “hatemonger” at Dictionary.com to ensure I was applying that word correctly to liberals such as yourself. Here is the definition there: “a person who kindles hatred, enmity, or prejudice in others.” I think all the words liberals use, like “homophobe,” kindle hatred, so I stand by my statement. And, of course, knowing the mind of liberals: well, obviously, everyone is an indivdidual, so no two liberals are alike. Generalizations are always wrong some of the time — except this generalization (that all generalizations are wrong some of the time). Nevertheless, liberals do have a common thread to their thinking, including support people who are having gay sex and people who want to abort their children. Look at Tony — he considers himself Catholic, yet he is so liberal that he couldn’t stop himself from voting for the Obamination, and he often defends the “right” of a person to have gay sex.

• Lapsed says:

Sure thing, Jim. As usual, your reasoning leaves me speechless.

• Marilyn Bell says:

I do! I think he protests too strongly..his reaction to your friend Tony frightening.

Angelo you belong with the Westboro Baptist Church hate group. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. And you should be reported to child protective servivces. To be proud of your sons position of hating calls I to question your right to father your son. Shame on you.

Shaming coming from a liberal? Wow! Well, as Sean Hannity has observed, liberals are tolerant only of positions that are similar to theirs. They are extremely intolerant of any opinion that is different than their own. Tony, you are close-minded, myopic, rigid, not charitable; and, I don’t hear you loving Angelo, I hear you condeming his person. Shame on you. You should be reported to a bishop who is faithful to the Church.

• editor says:

While CathNewsUSA encourages a robust discussion of all issues, we also “expect those who comment to do so in a spirit of Christian kindness and charity.”
        (see http://www.cathnewsusa.com/terms-and-conditions-of-use/ for more)
        Angelo’s comment above clearly crosses that line and will be edited accordingly.

CathNewsUSA is fully aware that certain topics are incredibly divisive and stir up very passionate opinions. That said, we believe this particular conversation has veered into some very uncharitable territory regarding the issue of homosexuality. Unless some of our commenters have somehow been secretly granted the authority to excommunicate people, we’d appreciate it if they refrained from ridiculous and cruel judgments/pronouncements to that effect.

Here is a brief excerpt from our “About” Terms and Conditions page)
        5.3. As we are attempting to foster a transparent and constructive dialogue regarding Catholic issues, we strongly suggest that people who post comments have the courage of their convictions and use their real names and not pseudonyms or abbreviations. When submitting a Post, you must not use an email address that you do not own or control, impersonate any other person or entity, or otherwise be misleading as to the origin of the Post. We also expect those who comment to do so in a spirit of Christian kindness and charity. CathNewsUSA reserves the right–at their own discretion–to remove any comments or block any users who do not adhere to this standard.

8. Angelo says:

I was gone all day and must now hit the hay. I sure missed out on the fun! Homo heretics galore! Jim, let them have it! I want so much to have this kind of fun, defeating heretics! When I return I want to have lots and lots of fun, bashing all these homos!

Thank you Ann for that very instructional, well educated comment. I deeply appreciate the information you have shared. Please continue through the new year.

10. Ann says:

Altough this is probably a waste of time, breath, and good words the following is a response to Proletarian, Jim AND his heretic doll, and Andrew:
    The OT and NT references to homosexuality are determined by an anthropological pre scientific understanding of humanity and unclear at best. The male seed was not to be wasted; women played no part in reproduction and reproduction was important in a small tribal society. Further, when Jesus spoke of marriage, he was concerned with its bonding and women’s right to be protected: marriage between a man and a woman was not to be taken lightly, and Jesus warned against the man simply abandoning his wife. Jesus was neither asked about nor responded with a dictum on homosexual marriage (way beyond his time frame!).
    Tody, Psychology clearly rcognizes homosexual orientation as a normative orientation alongside heterosexual identity. As a Christian I (we) are called to love; as a US citizen, I (we) are called to support equal rights for all no matter the color, gender, orientation, or faith of adult citizens as long as they are acting legally and of course not harming the rights of others.
    Ultimately, we may not deprive others of the right to act according to their informed conscience. I am not gay, do not wish to be ordained, nor do I seek an abortion. I do not stand in the shoes of any of the folks who do, and like yourselves experience none of the pain, anxiety, or frustration of those folks in these particular situations. I do know, however, neither you, nor the pope, nor the church has the right to denigrate them or deprive them of their right to their conscience. Catholic moral theology, in its profound wisdom, does not take the God given right to act according to one’s conscience away and neither can you, irrespective of your threats of hell. (By the way, hell has been conceived as cold as well as hot. Cf. Dante).

• Ann: It’s not a waste of time or breath, and your words are charitable and clear. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
      I disagree with you on several points and I don’t think we’ll come to any resolution here, but I’m grateful to have a discussion with you nonetheless.

First, whether psychology “clearly” recognizes homosexuality as normative is debatable. Additionally, the value of recognition by the psychological community means very little to me and I suspect others would agree with me. That’s an entirely different discussion. I’m not in any way anti-science. I’m an engineer and rely on science to accomplish my day-to-day work. But psychology is, well…we don’t have time for this here.

Second, I appreciate your appeal to a person’s right to follow his/her own conscience, but there must be something said for the proper forming of that conscience. If we grant that anyone may do anything that feels right to them, and that the State must support that desire in all cases, we can get into a lot of trouble. Many people feel compelled to do a lot of things that I think we would both agree are wrong, and I don’t think we can say that sanctioning all those activities is always good. I don’t in any way wish to stand in the way of someone acting according to conscience (presuming that no other is immediately harmed by such action), but I’m following my conscience in standing against what I believe to be anything BUT normative. My conscience has been formed by the consistent teaching of the Church. I suspect that many others have had their consciences formed by the consistent barrage of trash coming from Hollywood.

PG — perfect response — a missle that hit its target. Unfortunately, it likely is you who wasted your time on Ann — she is convinced she is right. This, of course, is PRECISELY why women never can become priests and teach: because they think with their heart (and estrogen) and not with their head.

• Ann says:

Thanks PG for your courteous and well thought out reply. Probably the issue is whether or not we agree on the normativity of homosexuality and the holding of psychology reltive to that normativity. Without common ground there, there will be no consensus. I still believe in the goodness of the human conscience as gift from God and its infusion by the Holy Spirit. I believe that to be fundamental to the principle of Catholic morality that, in the end, the informed human conscience must be given priority. Thanks again for your response.

• heretic doll says:

Well, Ann, as usual your theology departs from the inerrant teachings of the Catholic Church, which is clear that we have a flawed human nature that should not be trusted; rather, we need to place our trust in God, who speaks to us through the one, holy, Catholic and apostolic Church, which clearly teaches in the Catechism that a conscience must be PROPERLY formed. You are a humanist — you trust that flawed humans will arrive at goodness on their own. Thank you, because the woman next door is hot, and my conscience tells me it might make my marriage better to spend some alone time with her.

• Ann says:

That’s your desire, Jim. Your conscience knows better!

No, Ann, it’s my CONSCIENCE. No one, including you, dear Ann, can get in the way of me following my conscience — remember? It was you yourself who said that exact thing earlier this evening.

She is hot, though. Unfortunately, I’m gay, or so says Tony and the priest who posted here earlier this evening who appears to be gay himself.

• Andrew says:

Jesus on marriage between one man and one woman… Matthew 19:4-5 Jesus says… “He answered, ‘Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them from male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother to be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one.”

• Angelo says:

Ann, The Church has every right and the obligation given to it by Christ to preach and sanctify humanity. What you are in effect saying is that anyone can do what they want and God has no say. Well its true that God gave us all a free will, but he as the creator has every right to say through his Church what he wills from us. If we choose with our God given freewill to call sin good then God has promised the eternal loss of that persons soul. Your type of theology is what ruined the Church. Because of those who spread this kind of theology, many souls have gone to hell and many others are on their way there. God will hold those who have caused others to sin to receive the same punishment as those who lose their souls. God plays games with no one, the gameplayers are on the path to perdition. God guarantees them their just judgment and all its consequences. So reform your life now before its too late.

Catholic Lady you did not offend me……no problem please don’t even think abou it. Thai you.

CL — I had not read this post from Tony prior to my last post — and this just confirms what I had posted — Tony can’t really be offended. You have to be open to be offended. Proud people are so sure of themselves that any attempt to offend them just rolls off them, and they chalk up the insults to the other person’s inferiority.

12. Ann says:

Hooray for the nuns who are standing by their Christian and American identity: to love others and support equal rights to other committed adults we all share. The women religious have truly been and continue to be prophets in the church and for society.

• Andrew says:

Ann, doesn’t it bother you that this woman is a volunteer escort at an abortion clinic? She’s jumped on this gay rights issue because she’s rightfully taken so much heat for her pro-child killing volunteer efforts. “Sister” Donna is a fraud and needs to be immediately excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

Andrew — if she doesn’t repent, the heretic lesbian accessory to murder has a very hot place reserved for her in Hell for all eternity. For her own good, I do hope she repents, and I intend to pray for her at least once, to try to obtain a stay of execution for her.

Andrew — and, given Ann’s response, what a twisted woman she is too. Hmmm, you’d almost predict Ann would be in favor of women’s ordination. Wait! Now that I think about it, she IS in favor of female ordination. Funny how her heretical views co-occur with support for women’s ordination.

• Catholic Lady says:

Ann. In Canada there is a grandmother “Linda Gibbons” is her name who has spent years in an Ontario Jail because of her pro-life ideals, there is an unfair injunction against her – she is not allowed to even walk on the side walk in front of a certain abortion clinic, where she once handed out literature and prayed. Everytime she is released from prison she is back on the street praying for those who are about to abort their child. In LIGHT OF THIS TRUTH, how can anyone say hooray for this pro abortion nun? How can a Catholic nun, justify volunteering at an abortion centre as an escort? Even those who have never known the gospel teachings, know that taking the life of ones own child is wrong.

• Ann says:

CL: both nun and grandmother are following their conscience. My suspicion on the grandmother’s imprisonment is that she is violating space or some other law; I don’t think it is because of her pro-life stance. Canada is a terrific country because of it’s tolerance. I think this grandmother might be guilty of something other than handing out leaflets, praying, or a pro-life stance.
          I think the LCWR and the American Catholic nuns in their justice work have been real prophets for church and society.

• heretic doll says:

Prophets speak the truth, Ann; the LCWR hosts heretical speakers, and they do not speak the truth. So, follow me now — by definition, the LCWR CANNOT be prophetic — in fact, they are grossly sinful and demon-driven.

• Catholic Lady says:

The abortion clinic went to court years ago and got an injunction to prevent Linda Gibbons from being within so many feet (?) of their clinic. And although the lawyers have been fighting the injunction, thus her sometimes release from jail, it the injunction has yet to be removed. (seems to me that Linda Gibbons is following a well developed conscience one that is true to Catholic teachings…and the nun?

• heretic doll says:

Here’s looking at you, kid — wink, wink.

• William L McCaughey says:

Ann, we must, of course, love the sinner as our Blessed Lord did! That is a given. However, we must condemn the sin as Our Lord did – “Go and sin no more.” Sodomy was condemned in the Old and New Testaments – it is a perverted sexual practice, and was proscribed by most Christian denominations until quite recently! There is nothing Christian about the lifestyle.

• I wonder what has happened in the world that so many people are convinced by poor logic.
      Ann: Loving others doesn’t mean that you sit by and watch them do things to hurt themselves. Speaking out against behavior that is objectively wrong is not a lack of love. Sure, some speak out in an uncharitable way, but many of us try to speak the truth in love. Do you believe in truth?

• Angelo says:

Ann, The woman you call prophets of the Church and society, are not prophets of the Church nor society at all. They are prophets of hell! How could you possibly be so blind?

13. [...] Chicago Sun has an article about a group of nuns supporting “gay marriage” in opposition to the bishops. [...]

Here is an answer for you. You seem to be a fairly well educated man, you always talk about how wonderful the Catechism is look up the answer in that book.. You will have every thing in your little answer book. You have no reason to ask me, some guy who you always knock for getting an invalid Masters degree from some crummy psedo catholic university in some dirt water town. Why as a heritic like me? You have the Catechism.

15. Fr. Ted says:

I only pop in here on the odd occasion but I always manage to find ad hominen writing from Jim. I sigh each time I read his poor attempts to justify his own self-hatred. Jim, you are attracted to men – that doesn’t mean you have to act on it but please stop using your pathology to dictate how others should view this issue. And for the record, over 60% of gay men DO NOT engage in anal sex. It’s in the research Jim so don’t bother with the dismissals. Sigh…

• Angelo says:

Fr. Ted, I respect your priesthood. But other than that, you are one big Idiot! Since you do not respect your own Priesthood, then why should we? Lets have some fun with you. “Sigh…”??? you sound like a sissy! Why pop in only once in a while? Why don’t you try debating Jim? I know why, because he would make you look more of an idiot than you already are! Come to this site more frequently, why don’t you?

Father — let me quote Blessed Mother Teresa to you. She told seminarians that, unless they were going to be holy priests, they should not pursue the priesthood. Obviously, you never got that message. BTW, so what if I am attracted to men? I thought you thought that was normal, inborn, and unchangeable. You’re not telling me my homosexuality is abnormal and represents a perversion, are you? You’re not telling me I can change my same-sex attractions, are you? Father — by honest — are you gay?

You need tons and tons of prayers, Father. You may be spending an ETERNITY in Hell — and I wish that on no one, not even smug, probably gay priests like you who are leading so many souls to Hell with you.

Hey Father Ted — I never made any assertions about the prevalence of anal sex in a gay male population — so, quit making things up. It just goes to show that for those with same-sex attractions (probably you), their problems are not just in sexuality, but even extend to the confused thinking you display. Again, find any post from me in which I explicity or implicitly asserted that anal sex is prevalent in a majority of gay males. Frankly, I would have predicted the incidence is less than 50%. It is funny, though, Father, how you seem to be so well versed in homosexual facts. Why the interst in this area, Father?

• Ann says:

Thanks Fr. Ted. Your analysis is interesting and your observations have apparently had some effect!

• Angelo says:

Ann, Yes Ted has had a definite affect on this site. But I would’nt call it a pretty one. Bl. John XXlll in 1961 issued an official decree, banning all those with deep rooted homosexual tendencies from the priesthood. The Fr. Teds of the world dismissed that decree and what we got was a bunch of deranged men who turned the priesthood into some faggety party. Now finaly Rome has put that Decree into effect and real men are entering the seminary again. Homosexuals know they need not apply!

Jim, you said above that vagina and anus are appropriate terms. That they are part of our human bodies made by God and that the words were just fine to use. Thank you for that information. You have taught me a great deal, I appreciate all you teach. I can assure you that many others echo me in saing they wish you would get your head out of tour anus.

Tony — here are two questions for you: 1) Does the Church teach that every abortion is a murder? 2) Does the Church teach that same-sex attractions are disordered? I anticipate your reply.

• Angelo says:

Tony, I have tried to see things according to your view of them, but I could’nt stick my head that far up my digestive system.

Ok CL I guess my only hope now is that Jim get his head out of his anus. Thanks for the vocab lesson

Oh my, oh my Tony — I’m OFFENDED by your use of the word “anus.” How vulgar — and disrespectful. I hope the EDITORS take note of your rude, vulgar, disresctful comments.

• Catholic Lady says:

Hi Jim; I don’t know where your head is but I do know that your heart is with the Catholic Church and your defense of its precepts. I am glad that both you and Tony still post comments here as it is in reading the comments of others we gain knowledge.

• Angelo says:

Jim, Whats with Tony and his fanatical obsesssion with the human digestive system? Maybe its part of the New Theology! It seems like he is so obsessed with the subject!!! I wonder what his idea of heaven is? Maybe he looks forward to going to that big gluteus maximus in the sky.

Angelo — I think he has some sexual perversions, Angelo — but, I don’t care, we all have our own issues. What really struck me today is that Tony outright refuses to answer two simple questions from me: 1) Does the Catholic Church that every abortion is murder? 2) Does the Catholic Church teach that same-sex attractions are disordered? He tells me to look up the answer in my little Catechism, refusing to answer these two very simple questions. I told him it reminded me of demons who are in great pain when they are forced to confess that Jesus Christ is the redeemer of the world, and that the Blessed Mother is the Mother of God and Co-Redemtrix. I think I’m on to something, Angelo — I literally think Tony is, at least partially, in the grip of Satan — and I’m not being cute or funny in saying that — I mean it sincerely.

• Angelo says:

Jim, You say you think Tony is “partially in the grip of satan”. In my sincere opinion Tony has demonstrated a most perverse view of Christ’s Church. I don’t believe he is “partially, in the grip of satan”, I believe he is totaly in the grip of the evil one. Perhaps he sold his soul to satan for a masters degree in theology, so he has to keep his end of the bargain. If not, then he at least has the most deplorable obstinate obtuse spirit. Which Saints have described as “devil incarnates”.

• Catholic Lady says:

Tony; I feel that some how I have offended you. I hope not as that was never my intention. However if that is the case, please forgive me. I only meant to say that I was not offended by the words used by a previous commenter.

CL — don’t let your femininity get in the way here. You didn’t offend Tony — he is obtuse, doesn’t listen to anything except what he wants to hear, and therefore can’t be offended. On the other hand, if we COULD offend him, that would be a good thing — he needs to be beaten bad so that he can come to his senses. Well, that’s the male approach he needs. You can keep being nice to him in your femininity — I’ll keep being nice to him in my masculinity — which means he is due for more beatings.

• Catholic Lady says:

Jim; I will keep being the person that God intended me to be, a woman, kind, compassionate, and humble. It is my understandings that a human can only withstand so many beatings before he breaks – this does not always lead to repentance and reconciliation.

• heretic doll says:

True, CL — but when he breaks, that may put him on his knees. Think how Jesus called the Pharisees “vipers” right to their face, and said that they were like whitened sepulchers. Not very nice language from the God-man who was pure love incarnate. He knew he had to treat some gently, and others needed to be beaten up. You use the tool that the person needs — and Tony is no obtuse, he needs to be beaten silly.

• Ann says:

Your arguments apparently aren’t that good if you have to beat someone up to get them to agree with you.

No, Ann, me beating them up gets them to be receptive to the truth. I can’t force anyone to believe anything; I can get their attention, though. As the saying goes, I can lead a horse to water, but I can’t make them drink. Tony and you need some strong hands to humble you enough so that you develop the disposition to seek and be responsive to the Truth.

• Angelo says:

Ann, A certain Saint is quoted as saying, “Sometimes a slap in the face is better than a few kind words”, Jesus is the one who gave us this example. The Church uses excommunication as the severest beating the Church can give. And to excommunicate Catholics like Tony, is a gift to the Church.

18. Tom Wilson says:

I see another Inquisition coming.

19. Catholic Lady says:

Chris; most nuns support the Holy Father and what the Church teaches, regardless of what they wear.

20. I’ll never understand people who get all excited about the State sanctioning their “right” to enter into a “loving” relationship consisting of, um, anal sex. Next it will be “harmless” sex with animals, just wait and see. It’s already beginning to happen in other, more “progressive” parts of the world.

Why is it that if I told you I liked to eat by jamming food down my nose, you’d all think I was disordered and probably wouldn’t want health classes to teach your children that nose eating is an acceptable lifestyle choice, but if I think that two men (or two women) boinking each other is disordered, you think that I’m a backwoods hate monger?

• Michael Joseph Francisconi says:

It is not gay sex, but anal sex your are against i.e. between a man and women.
      If gays express their feeling in another way that would be ok. Or did I miss the point?

• I stand with the Church, opposed to the disordered use of the gifts God has given us. I oppose lying because it’s a disordered use of our speech. I oppose excessive overeating and drunkeness because they are disordered uses of our natural desire to nourish ourselves. And I oppose same-sex sex because it’s a disordered use of our sexuality.
        I don’t think I’m better than any of those I mentioned above. I’m the biggest sinner I know. But the difference is, I don’t want the world to approve of my sin. Instead, I want God to give me the grace to overcome it.

MJF — the Church teaches that anal sex for a heterosexual married couple is a sin if it does not finish with the man having every ejaculation within the wife’s vagina.

21. Michael Joseph Francisconi says:

If gays and lesbians truly were naturally gay and lesbian from birth, it would be a serious disorder to try to be heterosexual. If sex it a natural part of a union between a man and a woman, and marriage acknowledges that union. Then same sex marriage is every bit as natural as heterosexual marriage. We all know homosexual couples who already have children when they met their current mate and are very good parents. We all know heterosexual couples that could have children but either chooses to adopt or remain childless and they are very good and kind people. Even gay or lesbian couples could adopt and become very good parents.

MJF — simple question for a man of your intellect: “If violent people were natually violent from birth, would it be a serious disorder to try to be non-violent?”

• Michael Joseph Francisconi says:

the comparison doesn’t fit
        try again
        I could say if you want to marry you might want to eat fish

• Catholic Lady says:

MJF. One might add if you want to post on this site you most certainly should eat fish – fish is said to be food for the brain and we could all use alittle more brain power!

MJF — the comparison MOST DEFINITELY fits. The point (I’ll need to spell it out for you) is that just because someone has a predisposition to something doesn’t mean they should indulge that predisposition. NOW do you get it?

• Michael says:

Oh, the comparison does fit exactly. There is no such thing as “gay marriage.” You cannot redefine what God has intended. Do you really think that a “so called” marriage between two men or two women is a sacrament? And, is homosexuality is natural from birth, might not pedaphia be as well? How about beastiality? Your flawed logic is what is bringing this country to ruin very quickly. I can’t say, “God Bless America” anymore. All I can say is, “God save your faithful people!”

• Angelo says:

MJF, The comparison Jim gives is an excellant one. I use such comparisons with those who are in error myself. If a man is a mass murderer, should we respect him and not try to change him? As it would be a violation of his conscience. If a man is a drug addict, glutton or drunkard, should we respect him and call his habits, good acceptable habits? And bash anyone who would suggest they are doing wrong ect… It is your reasoning MJF that is a serious fault that must be condemned and changed. As it is contrary to Church teaching.

• Michael Joseph Francisconi says:

lookup False Analogy

22. catholic and I vote says:

come on people, God will judge these sisters and all of us. They are wrong in their thinking of same sex marriage.

I have nothing against Gays – I have a cousin who is gay whom I love and worked with gay people before I retired. I found them to be caring, compassionate and kind but none of them engaged in same sex marriage

But, Catholic and I vote, those gay friends of yours likely support gay marriage; and they themselves may marry some day. Those “compassionate” gay friends and co-workers of yours are helping to destroy the foundation of society: permanent heterosexual marriages.

I am not comfortable with the discretion base discretion he used. If you are it just shows how sick you really are.

Tony — I have two questions for you: 1) does the Catholic Church teach that every abortion is a murder? 2) does the Catholic Church teach that same-sex attractions are disordered? If you need help, I can tell you the paragraphs in the Catechism where you can find those answers.

My point on here is that the activities John described in such a base and vulgar manner are normal activities engaged in in by moth heterosexuals and homosexuals. My objection is not to the activity but rather to the vulgar descriptive manner in which it was presented. Would you be Comfortable in having your mom or dad or daughter or son or any respected member of your family read that. I would hope not

Tony — vaginas and anuses were created by God; John A used the appropriate terms. Sorry, it sounds like you’re not comfortable with the beauty of the human body. What made John A’s post offensive is that he depicted sin — it is the SIN that’s offensive, not the body parts. BTW, you have not yet answered either of my quetions.

• Catholic Lady says:

Tony; As a woman, mother and grandmother, I think that I can speak to your concern. I am quiet familiar with the words used to describe all body parts as are my grandchildren. From the beginning my grandchildren have been taught the correct words to describe their body and it’s functions. They have also been taught that their body is to be kept clean and pure..that everyone needs to have their own personal space, a space that others must be invited verbally to enter. Ie: no touching, hugging, kissing except when the other person says it is OK. As far as been vulgar; Sin is vulgar! (but the words and discription of sex and/or sin can be heard on the playgrounds of most junior schools).

• Angelo says:

Tony, Jim has asked you 2 questions. Why do you keep dodging them? Why don’t you answer?

John the very base and vulgar presentations you give of man and man and women and women apply to both sexes engaging in foreplay as well. I would ask the EDITORS to remove your inappropriate post. It would seem to me that Jim would do the same.

Well, Tony, all John A is doing is showing you the ugly truth of these sins. Sin is ugly; you don’t make the ugliness go away by refusing to look at it. BTW, you haven’t yet answered my two simple questions. If you want to have integrity, you either have to be honest and defend your positions, or you need to change your positions to the correct ones.

To which I respond you have the Catechism, read for yourself what the church teachers. And too, does the church have the scientific and medical knowledge to make the evaluations that it does today because it is based on a medieval since of the philosophy of Aquinas and the ancient Aristotle.

27. John A. says:

You guys are a disgust and shame….. how can you support a man engaging in anal sex and a woman licking vaginas? this is outrageous and a a huge disgust…. the editors of this blog AND these fake nuns must all be excommunicaten as soon as possible !

John A — I’m with you, bro. Look at Tony’s posts — and he has a master’s degree in theology. He is Exhibit A for what the liberal, heretical theologians have done for our Church.

Jim, you have the Catechism, read for yourself what it says.

Tony — you have answered zero of my two questions: 1) does the Catholic Church teach that all abortions are murder; 2) does the Catholic Church teach that having same-sex attractions is a disorder? A simple yes or no to each question is the best way to respond. After you answer my two simple questions, I will be happy to respond to yours. I asked you those questions first; the ball is in your court.

The measure with which you measure will be used to measure yourself…..take the plank out of your own eye…..maybe you need to work on not being so homophobic. Embrace your feminine side Jimbo, it is part of who you are.

Jim, does the Catholic Church have all the answers to everything it seems to me these are medical and scientific areas in which the church lacks expertise. Remember Galileo JBII had to apologies for that blunder hundreds of years later.

• Ann says:

Agree Tony. My hope is ultimately with the church; it’s thinking is always evolving, and the Spirit remains.

Jim, did you ever read in your little Catechism that Someone told us, “judge not.” ? Yet you Judge Sister Donna to be the person most in need of prayer, and a heritic.? Better get the dust off that little catechism or it might be you who will be the object of that prayer Jimbo.

Tony — exegesis of that verse, as any theologian would know, allows us to appreciate that Jesus was referring there to those who never scrutinize their own behavior. Clearly, Jesus COMMANDED us to judge the behavior of others at Luke 17:3, among other places.

• Michael says:

Jim, I don’t know when Tony got his Masters in Theology or from what instituion, however you will never get a answer from him on the Catechism of the Catholic Church because he either doesn’t know it or refuses to believe it. I, too, have a Masters degree in Theology and though I had many good professors, I also had those had contempt for the Popes teachings and Church teachings in general. I learned to listen to what they say, give it back to them on their tests, get my “A” or “B” if they knew that I was orthodox in my faith, then forget their heretical opinions. Now I will read such opinions and laugh at their deranged logic.

Michael — Tony certainly has the capacity to look up what the Catechism says, and I strongly suspect he already knows what it says anyway. He is just like a demon, refusing to recognize Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world and the Blessed Mother as the Mother of God and Co-Redemtrix. The existence of people like Tony is why Jesus so often said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” Tony’s ears don’t work very well, and they work only when what is being said conforms to his own brand of theology. The Blessed Mother’s Magnificat in Luke chapter one also speaks of Tony et al., when she said that God sends the proud-hearted and rich away empty. We can see Tony’s emptiness in the positions he takes. He mocks the Catechism, calling it a “little Catechism.” He mocks the Holy Father and the Vatican hierarchy.

BTW, I’ll take all the prayers I can get — I am a flawed human who desperately wants to get to Heaven.

• Michael says:

Deranged Logic again.

32. Jim says:

It never ceases to amaze me how the authors of these articles always use a picture of REAL sisters to support the heretic lesbian masqueraders.

Jim, you are using “lesbian” as though being a lesbian was a bad thing. Even your little catechism tells you that homosexual people must be treated with dignity and respect. and calling an abortionist a murderer? Come on, under the law the fetus or embryo or zygote is not a person therefore to terminate its life is not murder? You conservatives always want precise meaning in words use them properly Jim.

Tony — tell me: what does the Catholic Church teach about abortion — is it murder, or is it not? I want a yes or no answer to my question.

Tony — question two: does the Catholic Church teach that lesbianism is a disorder? Again, I want a yes or no answer to this question. You may have to consult the Catechism to derive the correct answer; one is available at http://www.usccb.org.

Tony — I think I’ve discovered your purpose in life. You are my sparring partner; I beat you up in preparation for the REAL fight that lies ahead. But, you keep me in shape, give me confidence, keep me loose, give me motivation.

34. Jim says:

If anyone needs to be excommunicated, it is these lesbians murderers who are masquerading as religious sisters.

Ever wonder for whom you are praying when you say the following prayer between decades of the Rosary: “Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell; lead ALL souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Your mercy”? At or near the top of the list would be heretic fake-sister Donna Disgusting Quinn.

35. Florian says:

Now we know why the pope and his curia moved against the LCWR and tried to bring the nuns into line with Vati-think! Even so, after spending millions of $$ to defeat same-sex marriage, the US bishops are 0-4 as of the November elections.

Face the fact that same-sex marriage is a threat to the bishops’ political “power,” not to the family or to our “cultural understanding of marriage,” which under our Constitution is not subject to theocratic control.

We don’t know the subjective reasons that the women Sister is escorting to the abortion center. It maybe that the woman sees no other way out, she may have been raped and even Romney and Ryan supported abortion in those circumstances.

• Andrew says:

Tony wake up! This fake nun is a regular escort at the abortion clinic. In other words, shes enabling the killing of children on a regular basis. Whatever the reason for a child’s conception, there is NO justification for abortion. That is the non-negotiable teachings of the Catholic Church since the Church was founded. The Diocese of Chicago needs to excommunicate this witch once and for all!

Tony — if someone murdered one of your family members today, how interested do you think you’d be in the reasons why they did the deed? Would their reasons EVER justify the murder? Think, Tony — you don’t seem to have much of a rational mind. Did you ever have one, one that was destroyed when you learned at the feet of your heretic theologian professors? You are the best advertisement for anyone pursuing a degree in theology to be very very careful about the institution from which it is acquired.

Sister Donna Quinn is a great champion of individual human rights. The rights of women to have contol over their bodies as garented them by the laws in our country and the right of two people of the same sex to enter into a permanent love relationship with each other.

• Andrew says:

No she is not Tony. “Sister” Donna is an escort at an abortion clinic which makes her an accessory to murder. This woman needs to be excommunicated from the Catholic Church yesterday. Just because abortion on demand is legal does not make it right.

38. Andrew says:

Sister Donna Quinn. Sound familiar? This is the “nun” who volunteers as an escort at an abortion clinic – google her and you’ll see. The photo shown here is very misleading. Sister Donna Quinn looks and acts nothing like these real nuns.

I take back the above comment, they are not traditional Catholic nuns.

Wow, sisters who really dress like old fashioned nuns, and follow an old fashioned schedule of religious life, and are devoted to the pre Vatican II rules and regulations See THE light. They are for gay marriage. Good for these women.

• Chris says:

It is disingenuous to have used the photo of these nuns in traditional habit to illustrate this story. Most of the nuns who dress in this manner would not support same-sex marriage. And, notably, Sr. Donna Quinn does not wear such a habit.